Thursday, June 29, 2006

Bog Down In Blawg Town

It has been a couple of weeks since I visited my Blogger dashbord to pop out a post. Work and "honey do-s" have kept me out of sight. But, I see can see a light, yes, light at the end of the tunnel. In other words, the weekend is coming. I really believe that I will be able to spend some quality time at the computer without my wife giving me that Are-you-going-to-spend-your-whole-day-on-that-thing? look. On second thought, maybe that's about 50% belief, 50% hope.

Anyway, I have five drafts of things I intended to put out in June, but haven't got them done. Many required some deeper thought or reflection; others a bit of research before I spouted my mouth off. Either way, I found myself getting bogged down in blawg town. Now I'm faced with a situation where some of the topics are really not all that timely. But, I've decided I'm going to put them out in the blogosphere anyway. Most of the topics are going to . . . suprise, suprise . . . cover my thoughts on issues and questions raised about prosecutors - their behavior, their ethics, their role in the big picture, etc.

By way of preview: I have a response to the post by the wretched of the earth, about an experience with prosecutors who laughed at a defendant that refused to take a deal and, subsequently, faced a crushing sentencing because he insisted on exercising his right to a trial. For Anonymous Law Student, I will finish a blawg piece I started back on June 6 about the Supreme Court's decision in Garcetti v. Ceballos , in which they discussed a deputy prosecutor's first amendment right (or, shall I say, lack thereof). I'll lay out my thoughts and predictions regarding South Carolina's legislation to qualify sex offenders for the death penalty. And, I'll throw out a post on that Duke U mess.

1 Comments:

At June 29, 2006 12:49 PM, Blogger Anonymous Law Student said...

Oh man, now I'm hyped.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!